Back To School Bash
Friday, August 26, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
Camp WorldSong, at Cook Springs exit off I-20
Call Jenny Bartz with any questions. 205-577-0212
- From Birmingham, take I-20 East, take Exit 152, turn left at the end of the exit ramp.
- Go under the interstate and turn left on the first road past the ramp.
- The camp sign “WorldSong” is at the entrance.
- From Pell City, take I-20 West, take exit 152, turn right at the end of the ramp and then an immediate left.
Schedule for the Day:
9-11 – Teens have the Pool – 50 in at a time
K-6th grade will be doing field games
- If you have an easy up tent and/or camp chairs, please bring them to help us be somewhat organized for these field activities. Some of you probably have already been contacted about this.
- We ask that while your Elementary children are supposed to be on the field from 9-11, please make sure they stay on the field during that time. Same goes for the swimming pool.
- If anyone has any activities they would like to bring for children to do while they have time on the field, please bring them! The more activities the better!
- We have Three stations that will be set up. 1 for Yard Games, 2 for balls, 3 for Free play. At 10am we will have a relay race for preschool/Elementary aged children and a parachute.
- We are looking for fun games to play such as bean bag toss, Frisbees, balls to toss and kick balls. Anything to play in the yard really. We have many things that we are providing but would love to have more creative options to choose from. If you have anything that you are planning to bring could you please let me know.
- One more thing! Most importantly, we are looking for a few volunteers to manage a couple of games that will be going on. This will not be anything that requires a lot of work. However, we are needing some help to keep this somewhat structured. If you are willing to volunteer, will you please contact me (Rose Stephenson) and I will give you more details. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org or you are also welcome to contact me via facebook messenger.
11-1 Steel City Pops will be there. Pops are $3 each and Great!
12-2 K-6th will have the Pool. - Only 50 in at at time. (Parents help with this)
Teens will be Zip Lining. Teens doing the zip line must wear closed toe shoes!
End at 2 pm
Remember to pack a lunch for your family. We will eat between 11 and 12. The school will provide paper products and drinks. Remember camp chairs, picnic blankets and such. Picnic tables are limited but space is abundant.
Parents, WorldSong asks that only 50 kids be in the pool at a time. Please help with monitoring this.
We will also have access to the following activities: Basketball, volleyball, recreation fields, hiking, nature trails. If you want to play basketball, volleyball, softball, frisbee, etc. please bring your own equipment.
The following families have signed up, paid, signed waivers, and copied insurance cards for this event. The camp required waivers and insurance cards. We will not be able to handle any extra people.