Ballroom Dance Class
Why should I even consider Ballroom Dance for my teen?
- Social Skills – can you believe I said that? Yep! Ballroom dancing not only teaches the skill of dancing, but the incredibly important skills of actually asking people to dance. Out loud. Without texting. This, even by itself, builds confidence and self-esteem.
- Physical Skills and Activity- It is exercise! It builds coordination, grace, poise and posture. A unique hobby with a future. Students often ask, “What am I ever going to do with ________ (insert subject here)?” With ballroom dance you can always point to that future wedding they will want to dance at, maybe even their own!
- So, we would love to see your 9th-12thgrader. (must be 14 by September 30 of the current year as well as no older than 19 by the same date.) Chris Bailey of Bailey Dance will be our lead instructor.
*This class is open to Crossroads students only. Due to the large number of participants, we will not be able to allow non CRCS students to attend.
- $10.00 Registration fee per student at the first class. Only one time for the whole year.
- Each class is $5.00 and begins September 7th.
- Classes are each Friday from 1:30-2:30 in the CRCS gym.
- Fall Class Dates: September 7, 14, 21, 28. October 5, 12, 19(Theme dance 26) November 2, 9, 16, 30 December 7.